2024 Mercedes-Benz EQA Facelift
Introduction to the 2024 Mercedes-Benz EQA Facelift. The Mercedes-Benz EQA, known as the electric counterpart of the GLA-Class compact crossover, has undergone a significant facelift for 2024. While the standard GLA-Class has made its mark in the U.S., the EQA remains exclusive to other markets. This revamped version promises a blend of aesthetic appeal and enhanced performance, making it a noteworthy addition to Mercedes’ electric lineup.
Aesthetic Enhancements: Bridging the Gap
The 2024 EQA showcases a more refined look, drawing inspiration from its larger counterparts in the Mercedes EQ family. The front grille now boasts Mercedes’ signature star pattern, seamlessly integrating with a light bar that connects the headlights. This, combined with an aerodynamically optimized front bumper, gives the EQA a sleeker appearance. The rear hasn’t been left behind either, with the taillights receiving a sophisticated 3D light signature update.
Interior Upgrades: A Fusion of Tech and Comfort
Stepping inside, the EQA mirrors the upgrades seen in the EQB. A new three-spoke steering wheel with capacitive controls takes center stage. The dashboard and doors now feature updated trim pieces adorned with illuminated Mercedes logos. The infotainment system has been revamped, now powered by the latest-generation MBUX system. This setup boasts two 10.0-inch screens, customizable with three distinct styles: Subtle, Sporty, and Classic. The voice-recognition system has also been enhanced, promising a more intuitive user experience.
Performance and Efficiency: Going the Extra Mile
The most significant change lies in the EQA’s improved efficiency, translating to an extended driving range. Aerodynamic tweaks, combined with optimized tires and a new range-maximization mode, have pushed the EQA’s range to an impressive 348 miles (WLTP cycle) for the EQA 250+ variant. Charging has been made more convenient with the introduction of the Plug & Charge function, allowing for automatic charging initiation upon plugging in the cable.
The EQA offers two battery options: a 66.5-kWh pack available in the EQA 250, EQA 300 4Matic, and EQA 350 4Matic, and a 70.5-kWh pack exclusive to the EQA 250+ long-range model. Both batteries support a maximum DC fast charging power of 100 kW. In terms of motor configurations, the EQA 250 and EQA 250+ come with a 140-kW (188-horsepower) motor. In contrast, the all-wheel-drive EQA 300 4Matic and EQA 350 4Matic offer a combined output of 168 kW (225 hp) and 215 kW (288 hp), respectively.
Release Date and Availability
Mercedes-Benz has hinted at a European launch in the fall, with deliveries expected to commence in early 2024. However, U.S. enthusiasts might be disappointed to learn that the EQA will not be available stateside.
The 2024 Mercedes-Benz EQA Facelift is a testament to Mercedes’ commitment to blending luxury with sustainability. With its aesthetic upgrades, enhanced tech features, and improved efficiency, the EQA is set to be a frontrunner in the electric compact crossover segment. Whether you prioritize style, performance, or eco-friendliness, the EQA promises to deliver on all fronts.
- Model Name: 2024 Mercedes-Benz EQA Facelift
- Electric Counterpart: GLA-Class compact crossover
- Front Grille Design: Signature star pattern
- Headlights: Integrated with a light bar
- Rear Lights: 3D light signature update
- Steering Wheel: Three-spoke with capacitive controls
- Infotainment System: Latest-generation MBUX system
- Display Screens: Two 10.0-inch screens
- Infotainment Styles: Subtle, Sporty, Classic
- Voice-Recognition: Enhanced system
- Driving Range (EQA 250+): 348 miles (WLTP cycle)
- Charging Feature: Plug & Charge function
- Maximum DC Fast Charging Power: 100 kW
- Battery Options: 66.5-kWh and 70.5-kWh
- Motor Configuration (EQA 250 & EQA 250+): 140-kW (188-horsepower) motor
- Motor Configuration (EQA 300 4Matic & EQA 350 4Matic): Combined output of 168 kW (225 hp) and 215 kW (288 hp) respectively
- European Launch: Fall 2023
- Expected Deliveries: Early 2024
- Availability in the U.S.: Not available